Thursday, November 10, 2005

temptations of the automotive type

Ugh. Here I go again. I know, I know. Last weekend after test driving a Range Rover out of sheer curiousity, I got the bug in my head that I could actually swing for a later model Land Rover Discovery (2003-ish). I managed to manipulate my driving philosphy from the fast and Volkswagen persuasion into wanting a more commanding and safe role on the road. Uh oh. Then firestorm in my brain started. Numbers fly around my head like pesky gnats and I trick myself into thinking I could really afford it all right now even with the lease buyout on the Jetta. Maybe I did the math right. But probably I didn't. I suppose I'm falling into the typical girl stereotype where buying expensive things makes Jane and Sue and Rita just feel better. Hey, at least I'm acknowledging it! Owning up to it is an entirely different story though...