Sunday, November 06, 2005

Stop

I just hit the big red button on the Kusai & Ben project. No explosions. Just relief. Otherwise, I truly believe it would have killed me. Brain would likely have exploded. Book form from now on. And truncated sentences. Yay.

I still have crazy butterflies o' the tummy though. It's because I say too much much sometimes? Or say the wrong things at the wrong times? I don't know.

One thing I am sure of is that Chris Ware's new Acme Novelty Library book is blowing my mind. Inside the lovely hardcover binding lies many of my absolute favorite comics which he rarely feeds the public. It's his "Rusty Brown" comic strip. Fucking gorgeous and more depressing than a lost puppy in the snow at Chrismas time (**quick personality trait #2065-- anything involving a sad story with animals will invoke the sadness reflex). Thanks to the fact that I got my shit together and finally sold my Kusai & Ben mini-comic to Meltdown (yeah, ya'll can go and buy it now), I was able to negotiate a trade on this necessary "periodical".



One last thing. I'm not crazy. I swear. Times are tough, man. And I'm being bounced along in the rocketship while we dodge asteroids in the field ahead.