Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Screech

Today was an all out doozy. No denying that. Though the thing that set me right smack dab in the middle of Craaazyland proper (y'know, the place with all the spiders, snails and bees?) had nothing at all to do with work. No no. It was my drive HOME from work and the evil drivers side windshield wiper on my Jetta that did the job. A bit of history-- this thing has given me problems since day one of lease-ship. It's all cool and perfect when it makes its "upstroke" but on the way down it looks me right in the eye and straight up mocks my field of vision, scraping and screeching as it goes. In it's wake is a large area of spattered water-- the proverbial "shit" it takes each time I think I just might want to see out my windshield when it's raining. This evening I burst in the door at home after barely being able to park between my neighbors 40 trashcans per household and called the VW dealership for an appointment (I got a big routine maintenence coming up anyway). And for posterity's sake, I want to keep that old windshield wiper after the maintenence guys replace it and subject it to rounds and rounds of torture. Aw hell, who am I kidding? I just really want to burn it.