Thursday, June 21, 2007

again, back to the back back

Arrived back in LA last Sunday evening after spending a week in the sticks with the parental units and my kitty cat, Grendel. Wasn't exactly a relaxing time but was radd visiting them in their element as well as attending my 10 year high school reunion. Yep, you heard me right, the reunion. It was actually pretty chill. Seemed as though most everybody got married and had kiddies. I, on the other hand, can probably still be considered a kiddie. Tee hee hee. It was really nice to see an old friend of mine, Brianne since so many other attmepts at meeting up in the past had fallen victim to shite timing... Unfortunately the NES cartridges I was hoping to find did not show up anywhere. I got so bummed I cried a little bit. Shhhh. Also on the bummer list was the lack of BMX bikes. Boo. I did, however, score a bunch of vintage dresses to sell on eBay for some extra cash money. Woot.

Now I'm back at work watching the clock tick and thinking about designing my impending tattoo coverup. It's all gonna go down on Saturday.



The internet is finally back on at my house so the 658 posse can officially launch into the spaceage (this is only due to the combination of the Wii and the DirectTv into the equation). Things are a little odd and tranquilo right now though, I gotta say. It feels like a big transition into something but i have no idea what it is. The job's been great, Oslo's been great (and his new little buddy Parker Pilot Ray too!) and little things that go wrong don't stress me out NEARLY as much as they would say 4 years ago. The people around me have been wonderful unlike others in my past. And let me tell you, I give a salty salute to that bullshit. No one needs that kind of stress. I don't know though. About the transition thing, that is. Kinda like a calm before a storm. Gay analogy, I know. But I'm not sure if I have to be the one responsible for making shit happen or if it will just fall into place. This is such a bizarre and vague thing to be discussing in the first place, yeah? Ok, I'll stop. Let's talk more about robots and comic books and music....

We went to see The New Year last night at Spaceland and goddammit, was it a great show! This was my first time seeing them, as they're not apt to tour much. Hearing the radd 5/4 timed songs that I played along to on drums for the past 6 years was so nice. Their drummer kind of shaped the way I approach drums. I had to pick Jonah's jaw up off the floor after their set. I can't wait to write more music and collaborate with radd peoples............

Gonna start looking into a new bad ass digital camera. I can't deal with this no Holga Polaroid film bullshit anymore. Also on the "don't feel like dealing with bullshit anymore list" is solving the "how can lauren exercise without injuring herself" crisis. The answer? Swimming. In Burbank. During my lunch hour. I might get a little of that thing that I typically avoid called "sun" but it'll get me past this chronic ankle injury and into my usual good shape and sought after boyish figure. Hee haw. Fart.