Thursday, April 12, 2007

end of the road

Call me a sissy, call me a quitter, whatever. I'm ending the master cleanse today (for reals). Four days is long enough. However, I'm definately not switching to solid foods just yet. I'm in a solidarity pact with my buddy Katherine to not eat solids (hehe-- i just got that) until our fabulous power lunch tomorrow when we will feast on delicious soup from Pho Cafe. As for the rest of today, I'm only on orange juice, boring vegetable soup broth and TONS of water. Damn, I'm experiencing the absolute worst thigh pains ever these past few days. Not sure if that's an effect of the "cleansing" going on with my system or just severe lack of potassium and i'm slowly dying. I'm thinking the latter. Otherwise, I had no real problems with the fast and I'm proud of my little food lovin' self for lasting as long as I did. Yay!