Monday, April 02, 2007

week 2

whatup. just got back from a sweet sushi lunch and an equally grrreat weekend. spent a ton of cash again but i'm not cryin'. picked up this radical book at a new-ish store called Family on Farifax next to Largo. The book's titled NINJA by Brian Chippendale. It's rediculously huge and doesn't fit on any shelf. Perfect. You either get it or you don't. Feast yo pupils and maybe buy it or somethin':



oh yeah--- ron rege jr. did the painted sign for the outside of the store. yummy.



i got carlos hooked on guitar hero II. poor monkey hands has his new crack but the crack pipe makes said hands hurt. my remedy? ....don't stop a rockin'! i have to pick up another guitar controller for some serious 2 player showdown time. also awesome is the metal slug anthology for the wii. that damn game series is endlessly entertaining but only because i love to blow shit up with a rocket launcher. i mean come on, look who's blog you're reading, internet stalker.



oh yeah, and today is the start of week 2 on the new job tip. we still haven't received any picture (animation) back from overseas and may not see anything until wednesday. that means more training time with supa. it's so great knowing that even if the shit totally hits the fan (and i'm sure it will), that i don't have to keep up after 10 other fires on 10 other productions at the same time. you know, the stuff i had to do on a daily basis with my old shit shoveling position. all i have to deal with is ONE goddamn show. yay for me (shade tipping with Avid in background):



also making me sing in retarded bliss is the new stereo system i had installed in my land rover last week. holy sweet radical mommy clue goo!! it allows me to hook my ipod up with the actual whatever-pin computer cable so all of my ipod info shows up and is controllable on the screen of the stereo interface. And if that wasn't enough, they rigged it so i can control all of this with my steering wheel controls! Finally, I don't have to deal with a stack of burned cd's larger than your mom's fat thigh. when things become streamlined, lauren gets super happy. if you ever empty yer trash bin on yer computer and notice that the system performs better, know that my brain functions on a similar principle.

gonna go for a run around the silver lake tonight and continue my new-found good fitness habits. seems like this and being settled back into my house has helped me sleep better and feel better overall. duh, you say? yeah, i know, smart ass mo fo. sometimes i lose sight of the important stuff. all this AND a new Kusai & Ben comic strip coming later!!!

party on wayne!