Monday, March 05, 2007

Starcade!

Joel and I took a little trip to the "happiest place on earth" last night and it was yet another instance where I got to take a friend who hadn't been there since childhood. I love taking friends there. Ever since I have been issued my magic ticket or "Silver Pass", if you will, not only do I get free admission into either Disneyland or California Adventure, I get free parking and can take 3 other guests with me. Let's just say that this makes for a sweet option for something to do on evenings when there really is nothing else to do or if i just wanna get my Haunted Mansion fix. Yep. Cause I can do that. Go down to Anaheim, ride one attraction and then leave. Guilt free because it's free.

Anyhooo, I was pleasantly surprised to find that in the Starcade (arcade right outside of Space Mountain-- get with it, yo), there was a very very tiny Neo Geo machine with Bust A Move in it!!!! This is my ultimate crack. No tiny ass kiddie machine could keep us from playing for longer than the total time we waited in any line last night! You should see this thing, really. It's laughably tiny. And it was rediculous with me and Joel kneeling on the ground in front of it playing a 2 player knockout round! Yay video games!!



Speaking of pixels and such, I finished my "I Am 8-Bit" painting on Saturday. Can't believe I got it done with it so quickly AND am totally happy with it. Honestly though, I really wish it would've taken longer to complete as I spent most of this weekend bummed out cause Kent was away. If 3 days was this rough, I have no idea how I'm gonna deal when he goes and climbs Mt. Everest for 18 days. **shiver**