Thursday, January 25, 2007

music in 2007 (so far)

When I was putting together my list of top albums of 2006, I was faced with the conundrum of already having a bunch of AMAZING records that weren't to be released until early the following year. I couldn't rightfully put those bad boys on THAT list. I still want to shed some much deserved light on these and other new little masterpieces though, so here goes:

Deerhunter - Cryptograms (this one's fast becoming my absolute favorite)


Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity


Animal Collective - People (EP)
[also see their amazing live album, "Hollinndagain" and brace yerself for a whole new full length later this year!!]


The Shins - Wincing The Night Away


Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?


David Vandervelde - The Moonstation House Band



....and my friend Cory keeps telling me to check out the new Panda Bear. He's never wrong about music. Never.