Friday, April 20, 2007

Syd Barrett...

...is posthumously to blame for my not having posted the polaroids from the gallery opening other night (sorry Elizabeth!). I played organ with Yes Me To Death downtown where Little Pedro's used to be (now the Bordello) as part of a Syd Barrett tribute night. I had no idea what to expect going into the whole ordeal but I'm stoked about the results! The place was packed all evening long as 20 or so LA bands took their turn on stage to perform a cover of the aforementioned early Pink Floyd man's work. Everyone seemed to be on top of their game and sounded great. We even felt pretty damn confident as we twanged out Barrett's "Love You". So so glad we got to take part in the evening...



And I promise, as soon as I get home from work, I will scan and post the polaroids from "I Am 8-Bit"!!