Sunday, November 18, 2007

yesssirreee

Thanksgiving is swiftly appraoching and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of dish to make for the potluck we're going to. Any ideas? Any ideas that don't include meat or meat products? Been watching the Food Network religiously in hopes that something might jump out at me. Nothing yet. Becoming obsessed with Iron Chef though. Well, ummmmm.... maybe Pumpkin Soup?? Hmmmm. Seared ahi keeps pecking at my brain too. Mmmmmmm wasabi.

We rode the train to Hollywood today to see "No Country For Old Men" at the Arclight. I'm loving this whole "living in a real city" thing. Downtown has been absolutely amazing and definitely not pretentious (sadly the way other cool parts of town i've lived in tend to be-- it's a catch 22). As far as the movie goes, well, everyone seems to really like it. And I can certainly see why. For me though, I tend to prefer the Cohen Bros when they bring the funny. This was too straight a movie for me. The quirky was spread too thin. And to make matters worse, it has a great beginning, an amazing middle.... but zero end. I didn't get the payoff or anything close to it. Now, I totally understand that the point is that there's a big internal and subtle conflict going on throughout the story but I didn't want THAT to be the big part of the denoument. Erg. I'm too spoiled by Nihilists swinging swords and bloody woodchippers. I'm so gonna get spit on by all of my peers for writing this, I'm sure. Thank christ I saved the poncho from the "Point Break Live" stage show last weekend! Hehe.

New HEROES tomorrow! What are you bringing to the Hungry Hungry Heroes Potluck?? I'll be making nachos.

G'night!