Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Siblings: A Report

Hey ya'll. Last weekend was pretty tiring but quite possibly the best time I've had this year so far. My siblings were all in town for both Coachella and for hanging out because we like to keep it real, yo. Erin and Jonathan flew in from Philadelphia to LAX Thursday night in order to make it out to Indio on Friday with my friend Joel to see Bjork perform. I stuck around LA that day to work and pick up my other sister Caitlin (who flew in from Phoenix) from the Burbank airport.

Rant about Coachella: (Yes, I would MUCH rather work than drive a few hours into the hot as fuck desert and stand around all day in the blazing sun, pay out the nose for water and beer and only see either mediocre bands or bands i've already seen before play on an outdoor stage with shitty sound from about a mile away. And who can forget the smelly hippies, lots of stupid people and port-o-potties. You couldn't PAY me to got to that thing even if they resurrected John and George and got the Beatles back together. Fuck sunlight, fuck heat, fuck people and fuck subjecting yourself to being uncomfortable-- arrrrgggghhhhhh!!! ...but I digress)

Here's the weekend--- in photos!

-- Friday Afternoon --
...One of Erin's Coachella pics. You can really see the Albanian in them. Notice the HOT AS FUCK lady in the background in a bikini top. Oh yeah, I'd bone her. Wouldn't you?


-- Friday Night --
... Caitlin, Carlos and I went out to a few bars only to find ev'rywhere was dead and empty (prolly due to Coachella).


-- Saturday Morning --
...Had a kick ass breakfast at Dusty's.


-- Saturday Afternoon --
...Stopped by the "I Am 8-Bit" art show at Gallery 1988.


...Walked across the street and introduced the fam to Pink Berry deliciousness.


...Headed down to Little Tokyo for a hot minute of shoppin'. Here's Caitlin & Jonny waiting while I was inside scoring a new calculator watch. I'm sooo bad.


-- Saturday Night --
...We had dinner reservations at Malo. So many chips. So many margaritas. I love my family more than i do breathing. We had such a blast...






















It's so rare to have everyone in town at the same time!
I'm gonna miss the shit outta them!!

On the music tip, I've been writing some new songs for my own stuff. ..
Song titles include:
-combat combat
-the steps on cove mountain
-paper tiger

I'll record this junk soon. Yeah!