Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thermostat?

Maybe it's just me but I always thought that if you turn up the temperature on a thermostat, the actual physical temperature of the room where said thermostat is located will reflect the change. Today however, (for reasons unbeknownst to me) my office is flat out mocking me by defying the basic fundamentals of thermostat electronics and is blasting me with a nice arctic frost.

I can see my goddamn breath.

Now, despite the fact that my bones were originally forged in a womb that was subjected to the bleak 40-below climate of western Pennsylvania*, I still shrivel and turn blue like your ex-boyfriends weiner when the indoor temperature falls below 72.5 degrees Farenheit. Cold outdoor temp? No problem. Bring it on. Sitting still in front of a computer screen for 9 hours in an office building boasting sub zero meat locker conditions? Fuck you. I'm a bitching, moaning baby.




* (I thought about fibbing a little and saying 'Transylvania' but the payoff of having some sort of vampire reference in my silly little anecdote isn't worth having to explain the joke to my "special" readers.)