Thursday, August 04, 2005

Punch me in the gut please.

Just got my work laptop back from the IT guys. It's been almost 2 days. Not a long time, you might be saying but it felt like a goddamn eternity. I took up pacing around the office and annoying everyone around me with the Aristocrats joke. (Not that I don't annoy people all the time anyway.) Feels nice to be re-connected with the world though.

I've been having some seriously painful and almost debilitating stomach issues lately too. Being the hypocondriac that I am, I immediately jump to the worst of diagnoses for myself in my wind up tin-toy brain. Is it an ulcer? Do I have the cancer? Is this that awful stomach thing from 6 years ago that caused me to lose 10 pounds? Is this from stress? Where is this mystery stress coming from? Have I inherited my father's shitty stomach problems? And so on. On my sister the pharmacist's reccommendation, I put myself on some overpriced (but relatively effective so far) OTC gabbily gook pills. We'll see how this goes. I'm gonna miss my morning coffee trip to the Disney Commissary though.