Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Free ain't really that free

Yeah. So. We went to the Wolfmother show last night at Spaceland only to find that at 8:30, the line was completely around the block with the club already at capacity. My general disdain for the general population became more and more apparaent as we stood outside freezing (LA freezing-- it's all relative, yo) for 2 and a half hours (not stretching that number) and listening to what HAD to be high school kids banter on and on and on about how a friend who was already inside might get them in and how (put on waaaah voice) "the band is effin' playin' right nooow!". None of these fuckers (present company included) got in.
But....
I am eternally grateful that I wasn't hating and spewing venom all by my lonesome on that street last night. No. In fact, I had the best partner in crime in the world who probably can hate circles around me. So C-los and I said, F the show and it's being "sold out" (though it was free, i know). We headed to Cha Cha Lounge, drank like champs and skipped all the way home.

Happy Valentine's Day, baby. You're the best.