Monday, April 04, 2005

By The Way...

Tens of thousands of people visit Rome every year to experience the many awe inspiring and historically significant sights the ancient city has to offer. For me, all of those were cool and I snapped me the same tired pictures a million other people did but I found 2 elements there that had me way more intrigued: the cars and the dogs.

Yes people. Call me an ingrate to humanity but I think I had much more fun hunting down the nearest Volkswagen showroom where I saw (and sat in) the new GTI than I did being shiestered (is that a word?) by every Roman citizen at every goddamn tourist site for being not only a tourist but an American tourist. (*shiver*)

I also should have bought a separate disposable camera to snap a quick photo of every cool looking dog I saw. See, my digital camera was giving me nothing but a headache the whole time, what with it's draining 4 AA batteries per day. The dogs were the most interesting mixes of mutts I've ever seen! Most appeared to be stunted in growth and resembled mature puppies. Some could have even been purebreds special to Italy (or Europe) for all I knew. Ugh. That would have made a great photo series. Speaking of which... It's been so long since I've done any serious photography. So many things I want to get back into doing, so little money.