Wednesday, January 19, 2005

"Yikes" on so many levels...

Watch the new Postal Service video for "We Will Become Silhouettes" - yes, a song that's been out now for 2 years. It's directed by a fav of mine, Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite) but really doesn't compliment the song. Then again, I'm not sure what I was thinking would be fitting for it. Certainly not this. I still have it backwards in my head anyway that the Shins acoustic version of this song was the original. Quite possibly because I bought the "Such Great Heights" single (with the Shins version) that came out a couple of months before "Give Up" did. Ah, whatever. Blah blah. Ben Gibbard strangely resembles a child molester clutching his Radio Shack mic while Jimmy Tamborello is cute as hell and will always be my little crush.
I always want to hate the Postal Service on basic principle but every goddamn time I hear some random song of theirs licensed by whatever big company for their flashy new product, I find myself singing along with Jenny Lewis' back up vocals and fantasizing about Clark Gable and an on-screen kiss and... yeah. You get the point.
postal1
postal2